To empower and engage Black Women to utilize their voices in the decision-making process to develop local solutions to cultural, educational, economic, and political issues that affect Black Communities.
The National Congress of Black Women, Incorporated is dedicated to the education, economic, political and cultural enrichment of Black Women and their families and the community.
• To train and educate youth on the responsibilities of good citizenship and encourage them to register, to vote, and to learn and understand the functions of government.
• To provide opportunities for internships at the local, state and national levels.
• To encourage African American women to engage in political education, voter registration, forums and seminars.
• To educate and encourage African American women to seek elective and appointive offices at all levels of government.
• To engage in research and fact-finding on critical issues uniquely affecting the quality of life of African American women and youth.
• To develop and advocate public policy positions at every level of government.
• To participate in the formation and development of public policy that impacts on African American women, their families and communities.
The Power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery ~ W.E.B. DuBois William Edward Burghardt